Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Use It Tuesday #45: All About Christmas/Hanukkah

Let's use up some craft stash at Use It Tuesday!


I'm finally back with a project this week. I apologize for being MIA the previous week but my family and I was going through a food poisoning nightmare :S Anyway, this week it's all about Christmas/Hanukkah. With the celebrations already here or just around the corner, we'd better get cracking on some holiday cards.



I've had this idea since what seems forever (actually from last Christmas). It's inspired from a card I saw in the Nov/Dec 2010 issue of Paper Crafts Magazine. In the card, masking tape was used and then coloured in with marker to form the Christmas tree. That's why when I saw the green washi tape (from a year ago), I thought it would be perfect. Unfortunately, my card idea has been hoarded till this Christmas :o) I decided to add some quilling accents.



Other hoarded items include Japanese line paper for the card base which was too pretty for me to use (over 6 months ago), coloured paper for quilling, and craft string bought from the dollar store ages ago.

I hope to see your project when you link up over at Use It Tuesday. Challenge closes Dec 21st and don't forget to mention your hoarded items

Happy Holidays Folks! 

Challenge

10 comments:

Stephanie U said...

I love the simplicity of this! And the quilled ornaments are just the perfect touch!

Marjolaine said...

So simple and perfect, definitely want to scrap lift this idea!

Stephanie said...

I love this! What a great idea! Thanks for joining the Little Tangles challenge!!

Pooja said...

Simple and very beautiful !

Haven_mom4 said...

Really like the rough torn edges of the tape.

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the quilled pieecs, what a sweet card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Little Tangles!

Heather B said...

Victoria, I think this one might be one of my favorite creations from you...and you make so many beautiful ones!! It's so adorable! I wish I could see it in person.

yyam said...

Oh wow. Love the washi-tape tree. Looks fabulous! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Super RAD card!! Thanks for playing along in the Little Tangles Happy Holidays challenge!!

Tracy Ercole said...

Love that tree! great card, thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles challenge :)